Udyog Aadhaar is a twelve-digit Unique Identification Number provided by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India for small and medium enterprises in India. It is also known as Aadhaar for Business. As of July 2018, more than 48 lakh MSMEs in India are registered under Udyog Aadhaar.
Udyog Aadhaar scheme was launched in September 2015 by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (MSMED Act, 2006) with the purpose to promote micro, small and medium enterprises. SO here in this article let us understand what is Udyog Aadhaar registration.
What is Udyog Aadhaar Registration?
The idea behind introducing Udyog Aadhaar was to simplify the procedural format that business owners had to go through in order to register their business under Micro Small Medium Enterprise or MSME.
Before the introduction of Udyog Aadhar, the procedural format for the same was quite hectic and time-consuming bureaucratic process that used to require handling of lots of paperwork. However, with the introduction of Udyog Aadhaar, things have changed and to some extent, have improved for medium, small and micro-enterprises.
The registration process of Udyog Aadhaar is quite easy, and the form filling process is pretty straightforward too. The system today is kind of rejuvenated, and it seeks comparatively less information than the EMI/II process.
Things are way simpler and efficient now. Here is a simple guide for registering under MSME for obtaining Udyog Aadhar.
- The SME (Small and Medium Scale Enterprises) owner needs to fill a one-page form that he can do either online or offline. For online registration, the applicant should visit the official website: www.msme.gov.in
- If someone wishes to register for more than one industry then they should opt for individual registration
- In this form, the MSME has to self-certify its existence, details of the business activity, bank account, ownership and employment details, and other information
- Here, during this registration process, the individual needs to provide his self-certified certificates
- As mentioned above, no registration fees are required to be paid for this process
- After filling the details and uploading the same, the registration number would be generated and the same would be mailed to the email address given in the UAM which should contain unique UAN (Udyog Aadhaar Number).
Here in this article, we have understood what is Udyog Aadhaar Registration, it will surely be useful for you to grow your business. If you wish to go for Udyog Aadhaar registration then you should visit the Online Udyog Aadhaar registration portal.
Further business accounting needs can be taken care of by EZOTO Software – By Downloading this Accounting Software you would be able to manage invoice, accounting, credit, inventory, customers, etc and fulfill all your accounting needs.